Author Topic: My RC4 bug list / wish list  (Read 2199 times)

01satkins

My RC4 bug list / wish list
« on: August 09, 2012, 02:01:29 AM »
I've been using RC4 for a couple of days (THANK YOU for putting the channel bar back in), and i've come across a few bugs and a couple of features that would be quite useful. I don't know if these have been fixed in SVN since, I don't have the tools on-hand to compile from source to test.

Version: RC4, July 1

Bugs:
* Channel autojoin order is unpredictable, in IC7, the channels would open in the order they appear in the list, in IC9 the order varies each time, IC7 provided a few second pause between attempting to join each channel in this list, this is possibly why.
* (Possibly not an IC issue) user-list second level dropdown menus will open on second monitor instead of wrapping left on the current one - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68272416/ic1.jpg
* Aliases such as "/voice /mode # +v $1" don't substitute current channel name for #. (If this isn't a bug, how do you achieve the same functionality)
* Server tree uses 'current tab' colour for all channels that aren't in 'join/part/message' state instead of the 'default' colour
* Bold does not appear to work
* If a message contains some kind of formatting then a 'cancel formatting' character, then wraps onto a newline at some point, the 'cancel formatting' character won't work - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68272416/ic2.jpg (I've marked the location of the formatting characters, with coloured dots, the key is in the right panel)
* Scroll wheel causes nick list to scroll even if it shouldn't be scrolling
* When a message arrives, chat window will scroll to bottom sometimes when it was scrolled part way up before the message

Wishlist:
* Special colour for hyperlinks
* The ability to change the above requested special colour for hyperlinks
* Option to open log folder directly to a particular channel's logs added back in on channel tabs context menu
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:09:30 AM by 01satkins »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: My RC4 bug list / wish list
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:11:13 AM »
The bold issue is known, and bold characters currently do not work and are just removed.
Not sure about the popup menu issue/2nd monitor, hard to test since I do not have a second monitor. But will see what I can do, if it is a fixable error.

And thank you for the rest, will do what I can to fix.
The IceChat God

01satkins

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:47:04 AM »
Also:
* Text highlighting behaves strangely around links, if you start at the beginning of the line and move across until you reach a link, the highlighting will stop 1 character before the space before the link ( even if the link doesn't immediately follow the space) until you pass the end of the link or a newline (even if the link continues on the newline) at which point it behaves normally.

If the no-partial-link-highlighting is an intended feature, the behaviour stopping after a newline is a bug, and either way the highlighting stopping too early is also a bug.

* Text highlighting sometimes nudges characters on the line around by 1-2px - most visible while moving he mouse
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:49:06 AM by 01satkins »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:00:29 AM »
The highlighting code is a problem and is on the ToDo list to rewrite.
The IceChat God

01satkins

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 07:50:50 AM »
Noticed one more over the last couple of days:
* If pressing up to scroll back through previous sent messages, any message in progress is not returned to the endit after scrolling back to the end of the list

01satkins

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »
* Emoticon triggers in URLs (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Dance) will render correctly in client but open wrongly when clicked (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template006ance).

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »
It is not supposed to do that. And I have tested it, and I does not do that.
The IceChat God

01satkins

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
My apologies I mistakenly thought the first item was how IC7 behaved, but the link issue definitely occurs for me on both 4 and 4.1 although only with emoticons switched on.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »
Well, I have tested it in many ways, and I do not see it occuring, have not seen it for some time.
The IceChat God