Author Topic: Just wanted to show an error that keeps popping up  (Read 2175 times)

BTAKasper

Just wanted to show an error that keeps popping up
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:35:47 PM »
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but awhile back (before my pc crashed) i was able to run IceChat 9 RC2 on my windows 7 ultimate x64 machine.  Since i formatted and getting my pc back up and running.  When  i install RC3 i get this error.  Sometimes it wont pop up but it refuses to run, i get the splash screen and it stops responding.  Here is a link to the screenshot, it was way too long to write out since i wasnt able to copy and paste.

http://d.pr/iKZK

Let me know if you would like anymore information about my machine.  I really enjoyed IceChat 9 when it was working, i understand its a beta and just wanted to show you this.  Maybe its something with my pc config, couldnt find any one else having these problems.

Thanks and keep up the great work

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Just wanted to show an error that keeps popping up
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »
This is a result of corrupt settings files. It is actually the language file that seems to have gone corrupt.
If you go to the IceChat 9 Data folder, and then the Languages folder, remove the English.xml file, and restart IceChat, and that should fix the problem.
The IceChat God

BTAKasper

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »
Tried that, that error stopped coming up but icechat9 still refuses to start.  I get splash screen then ice chat has stopped working.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 10:00:58 PM »
Delete all the config files, and start over again then.
The IceChat God