Author Topic: Help With Variables  (Read 5805 times)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Help With Variables
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 06:25:46 AM »
If it doesn't respond, could very well be an error in the scripts.
The IceChat God

AnonStoner

Re: Help With Variables
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 11:13:59 AM »
Hey j4ck, so i got started a little bit ago as well, and a problem i was running into was scripts not running as i intended them to or not running at all.  The way i found to fix it is to put a close bracket in the line above each command you make to ensure the script only does what you tell it to. SO heres an example of what im interpreting your question as.

IN ALIAS:
Code: [Select]
/slapkick /me slaps the stuff out of $1  | /kick $1
What i did here was set "/slapkick" as a command to say "yournick slaps the stuff out of $1" AND kick whoever $1 was at the same time. The reason I would put this into aliases is because you can make your script trigger the alias.

IN SCRIPTS:
}
on *:TEXT:!slapkick:#: {
/slapkick $1
}

And with that, you should be set.  If that does not work or is too confusing, you can copy and paste this into your remote/scripts section and get the same result.
}
on *:TEXT:!slapkick:#: {
/me slaps the stuff out of $1
/kick $1 $2
}

And that should work.  basically, for any of those, anybody should be able to type !slapkick $1 and have your nick or bot slap and kick the user. For the last section of coding, $2 is defined as the reason, and you can take that out if you want. ^.^
Let me know if you need any more help.

-Jake