Author Topic: Just four things i would like to have  (Read 2029 times)

Unagichan

Just four things i would like to have
« on: September 17, 2011, 11:41:18 AM »
#1. Long posts would auto truncate down to about 400 characters, any posts longer then that would post the rest of the characters in a new post, that it would do this for /say and /me.

#2. when moving the program between screens on a dual screen setup or more, that the scrollbar would stay at the bottom, its current behavior when being dragged between windows of different resolutions is to move the scrollbar up, so newer posts are not visible till it is scrolled back down.

#3. this is a small bug, when in a query, if you click where the nicklist is, you get an error that crashes the program, why a nicklist is needed in a query is unknown.

#4. then when a new channel is joined or a query is formed, that window does not steal focus, and when you change to another window you get a new textbox and your last textbox, (if you wrote anything in it), will retain whatever was in it. its current behavior is to use the same textbox.

Overall, I love Icechat, these problems are small compared to how easy and great Icechat is, and how helpful it is to me, i use to use x-chat wdk for windows and i would get errors all over the place, I went to Icechat to get away from these errors, i hate having to babysit a program i have to use.

thank you for making Icechat and have a nice day.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Just four things i would like to have
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 09:45:04 PM »
1. Totally posible, can add it to the next Release Candidate

2. Will look into this problem

3. I do not have this error, perhaps fixed already in RC2

4. There is only a single edit box through all the windows, each window does not have its own. So this is normal behaviour.
The IceChat God

Unagichan

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »
Nice, thanks for the quick replay.

I am glad that you guys listen to the user base, kinda sad to see that there is only one editbox for all windows seeing how xchat and mirc change to different edit boxes when changing windows, but again, very minor annoyance.

another "bug" i found is when double clicking on a URL, sometimes you will enter select text mode or bring up the channel settings box as the URL loads, if you have your browser opened then it cancels text select mode sometimes.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 05:16:28 PM »
The single edit box has always been an IceChat feature. Most IceChat users actually prefer it over the other style.
In fact, if you have never used other clients, you wouldn't know any different, so it is just you are used to the other way.

As for the double clicking bug, we already know about that issue, thanks.
The IceChat God