Author Topic: My List of quirks in beta 2009  (Read 4133 times)

Truk

My List of quirks in beta 2009
« on: December 07, 2010, 10:02:48 AM »
I am not sure if these are know (I assume some are) issues or not but here is my list of 2009 Beta quirks.

1. No red bookmark line denoting where you left off in the last conversation window when switching between chats.
2. The chatting typing area is not resizable as it was in ver 7.  This is very helpful if you need chat real small on the side of your screen somewhere or if you have a very small resolution on another computer screen for chat.
3. When someones chat it too long for the width of the screen or window the text does not wrap to th
e next line properly it splits the word at the far right and does not bring the entire word down to the next line.
4. When I try to attached sound files in settings only one or two of the many sound files work.  I am just using the very basic sounds that come with windows 7 and only like C:\Windows\Media\Landscape\Windows Ding.wav will work and the others will play on my PC just not in 2009beta.

I will list more as i see them.  If this is the wrong place to post this please let me know where is good. :)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: My List of quirks in beta 2009
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »
1. IceChat Settings, Display , Show unread text marker

2. v2009 is no longer an MDI interface, it is a tabbed interface and the tabs are not resizable

3. Word wrapping has not yet been implemented

4. Windows 7 seems to have changed the format of the WAV files included, and as such, only some of them play
The IceChat God

Truk

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »
Thanks!

As for #2 this may not matter but not the area where I see what ppl type but where I type the single line is very small though it does scroll so I can live with it if needed.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »
You should have put this into the Wishlist section. What you are asking for there is the multiline editbox option.
The IceChat God

Truk

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 05:06:26 PM »
I will put it in the wishlist but I assumed it was forgotten since it was a feature in 7.

Thanks

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »
Forgotten?  The software is Beta, which means, it still has a lot more work to be done. This is not a finished product here.
The IceChat God

Truk

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 05:45:58 PM »
Sorry. Not trying to say someone messed up or otherwise. Nor trying to pick it appart.  Just trying to help if you want and yes it is beta and not finalized.

Truk

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 09:53:55 AM »
Little more followup on the windows sound files for sound alerts that work in version 7 but not in 2009.  I took one of the windows wav sound files that worked in 7 and imported it into iTunes and then had iTunes convert it back to a wav file and the converted file works just fine in 2009.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 11:57:14 AM »
That just proves my point that the WAV file format changed for the files included with Windows 7.

Leave it to Microsoft to mess up their own software.
The IceChat God