Author Topic: Flooder Join  (Read 3121 times)

lhastra

Flooder Join
« on: June 25, 2010, 01:05:21 AM »
Hello Snerf,
I am one of icechat user & I'm Operator in several discussing channel about many knowledge. One of channel that l opened for guidance the lessons for students of the Senior High School. My channel often joined by other user that maybe want to test the ability about script. The User only join-left & join-left again with different Vhost & nickname. they habbit so make the situastion not condusif for mychannel & all students.  But it's pity, i'm not clever about the script. I don't know how to solve that.
Can You help me about that with some script that will banned automatically when the flooder join come?
Thank you very much for your kindly attention
GOD bless U & all of your crew

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Flooder Join
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 01:06:16 AM »
Are they joining with different vhosts every time?  And how would you know which hosts to ban?
The IceChat God

lhastra

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:01:06 AM »
Yes, they join with psy  I think - coz the vhost is on the sentences like *@detect.you.dont.have.a.keyboard.Press.F9.to.continue. but somethimes they join with vhost in numeric Ip.
I ever see on some channel the bot banned automatically if a user join then (in same times)  left only for several time (arround 1 or 2 minutes). I can banned manualy but that is not effective

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:18 PM »
Well, I have not attempted a script like that before, but maybe someone else already has one.

Not sure why you did not ask in the scripts section for this though.
The IceChat God

Jamie360

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
If you cant find any scripts

I do reccomend reporting him to the irc network