Author Topic: Error message (FirstRun: Invalid picture)  (Read 5956 times)

upkeep

Error message (FirstRun: Invalid picture)
« on: June 22, 2010, 03:49:20 PM »
I am using IceChat 7.63 Build 20080417. Whenever I start IceChat, I get the error message "Invalid Picture". This error message is in a window with the title "FirstRun".

I don't understand what this means, but I have run IceChat many times, so this is definitely not the first time I've started IceChat. I've connected to servers successfully and spoken in channels successfully. I've also customized the settings of IceChat.

So why am I still getting this error message?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Error message (FirstRun: Invalid picture)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
This is a Windows 7 problem.

What you need to do is manually run the FirstRun program, and it will add the default settings, and your good to go.
The IceChat God

upkeep

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »
This is a Windows 7 problem.

What you need to do is manually run the FirstRun program, and it will add the default settings, and your good to go.

What do you mean by "add the default settings"? Will the FirstRun program overwrite the settings I have customized for myself? I spent quite a bit of time on the settings.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
Yes, it will over write all your current settings.

Do you have any servers saved in the Favorite Server List?  I believe that FirstRun will not try and run if you have servers added to the list.
The IceChat God

upkeep

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »
Yes, it will over write all your current settings.

That sucks. I will now have to reconfigure everything. Is there a way to import and export settings?

Do you have any servers saved in the Favorite Server List?  I believe that FirstRun will not try and run if you have servers added to the list.

Yes I have a few, but they aren't too important, so I can add them back easily.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »
Well, that's the thing, FirstRun should not be running if you have servers added to the Favorite Server List.

Are you using IceChat Profiles by any chance?
The IceChat God

upkeep

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:37:07 PM »
Well, that's the thing, FirstRun should not be running if you have servers added to the Favorite Server List.

Are you using IceChat Profiles by any chance?

I'm not using IceChat Profiles, but my mistake, I currently do not have any servers added to the Favorite Server List. Should I just get it over with and run FirstRun? Where is FirstRun? An exe file in the IceChat program directory?

Also, more importantly, say I run FirstRun, then add servers to the Favorite Server List. If I later remove these servers that I've added, will I get the error message again? If it's that much trouble, I will gladly keep at least one server on the Favorite Server list, even if I don't need it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:49:14 PM by upkeep »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 05:16:34 PM »
Like I said before, just add a server to the Favorite Server List, and your done.

The IceChat God

upkeep

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 01:05:38 AM »
Like I said before, just add a server to the Favorite Server List, and your done.

Done. I'll use this as a temporary fix until a newer version is released. Thanks!