Author Topic: IceChat is 7 years old  (Read 12103 times)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
IceChat is 7 years old
« on: September 03, 2007, 02:16:40 PM »
Can you all believe it.
IceChat was officially started near the end of August 2000. And here we are, 7 years later, and it is still going strong.

I would just like to extend a great big THANK YOU to all those people who have put up with me over the past 7 years, all my bad moods, good moods, and all the so so many builds and versions of IceChat.

IceChat has come a very long way, and with the latest version (7.60) it most certainly has become a very good client.

The website, last month (August 2007) has for the first time over 1/2 million hits for a month, which is very exciting for me (520,885 hits). We also average just over 30,000 downloads a month.

So, all in all, IceChat is doing well, and should continue to do well in the future.

A few people may have heard me speak about IceChat 8, and I have debated many times about whether or not I will be going to develop a new version. I have started on IceChat 8, developing it in C# 2005 (using the express edition) and it is in its very early development stage. It will be using an IRC Library created by IRBMe, who helped with IceChat 5. The code will be open source, so anyone can take a crack at it. But I do not know how far along I will take this project, and I have no time frame set for it. So, we shall see where that goes.  Since it will be open source, the more help we get with it, the better.

Anyways, again, I wish to thank all my loycal IceChat users, and the not-so-loyal ones as well. With out you, your suggestions, your helpfullness, your beta testing, and mainly, your patience, IceChat would not be where it is today.

Snerf

The IceChat God

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
Re: IceChat is 7 years old
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:31:15 PM »
so after a few months ive finally caught up reading all the announcements...heh. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for everything Snerf.
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 11:40:56 PM »
Took ya long enough! :mrgreen:
The IceChat God

Knight

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
That is a true testament to your work Snerf!  I am impressed and very thankful for what has been a great irc client.  It was a lot of fun for me to have helped a little bit in beta testing IceChat 3 way back when.  I am looking forward to trying out IceChat 2009 for the average person.

Thanks again Snerf! ;)