Author Topic: function /play for text like on Mirc  (Read 4080 times)

lhastra

function /play for text like on Mirc
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
Hello There,

I'm user  one of a learning-discussing of  IRC channel. We always share many knowledge on the channel. before we start to discuss one of we give the explanation first  before we so start to discuss it.
on me who like & use icechat, i can't relay my text otomatically like other one who use MirC
Can U help me about how to play text on icechat like fuction /play on Mirc ?
Are in Icechat have that fuction ?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: function /play for text like on Mirc
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »
There is a /play function in IceChat, it is for playing sound files. You say it is for "play text". What is "play text". You need to make yourself a little more clear. Thanks
The IceChat God

lhastra

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:35:26 PM »
hi Snerf,
It's great to see the comment from the coder of icechat.
That is the simple explain about the /play function on MirC
/play is one of tool to relay the text file to the channel, exp. if I want to relay myown text from my computer document (---.txt etc), I only type /play on Edit box, the small windows will open (Play centra).
Then I must choose the text document that i'll play. on the small window of /play fuction, i cant arrange the delay of text that will show on channel (on milisecond), play method (as file  etc), how many each line sentence/paragraph in text file will relay etc.

I think fuction  look like IceAmp - but /play fuction on MirC are for relay text file - in detail
that is the simple explanation

thank you verymuch for Ur kindly help

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 10:44:35 AM »
Ah, I see, you just want to read the contents of a file and say it.

IceChat currently has no single method of reading in an entire text file. But there is the $read() identifier which reads in a random line. But if you pass it a 2nd parameter, you can make it read a specific line. So along with the $lines() identifier which reads the total number of lines in a text file, you could write a script that reads in line by line.

The other alternative is to use VB Script and use the File System Object (FSO) to read all this in for you.
VB Scripting also allows you to create dialogs and such. You can find further information in the Scripting Section of the Website. There is a small section in there on the File System Object.
The IceChat God