Author Topic: Windows Media Player Script  (Read 4983 times)

eddiemcinnish

Windows Media Player Script
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:39:05 PM »
can someone make me an ice chat 7 script for windows media player that looks like this:
* eddiemcinnish : <<Windows Media Player>>  is playing: song title <<>> artist <<>> duration <<>> bit-rate kbps <<>> format

it needs to show on any server number (as i dont know all of them)

thanks. i will really appreciate this.
:?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Windows Media Player Script
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 08:26:08 AM »
There is no way to extract the information from WMP using VBS.
So it simply can not be done.
The IceChat God

eddiemcinnish

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 09:47:11 AM »
well, is it possible with itunes? you see, winamp skips midis from time to time, and most of my music is nothing but midis.
i tunes does not have that problem.
if it is possible, follow the same guideline i put earlier, but replace windows media player with iTunes.
i will appreciate it! ^.^

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:07:43 AM »
Yes, it is possible with iTunes, but it is very limited, and can not be done with a script, but a seperate program, like the IceAmp Controller.
The IceChat God

Strykor

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 07:27:30 PM »
Yeah, I know this thread is semi-dead, but I didn't want to make a new thread for the same topic. I was bored, so I decided to see just what exactly was needed to make a script that can be used for WMP to show what's playing while in a chat room. In the other topics of this type, you kept mentioning a WMP COM Object, so I did a Bing search and came up with this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd563868(v=VS.85).aspx  Is this even close to what you were talking about?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »
Well, thats a reference to it (somewhat) but thats not how you would code it. That is not actually the COM object, its the WMP SDK, which shows the property's and such, but I am not sure if that is all that is available.
The IceChat God