Author Topic: Shared Text Entry  (Read 2522 times)

Socom

Shared Text Entry
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:13:13 AM »
I am not sure where to put this... I found a question similar but it was locked and I am not sure if there was a resolution to it.

And, maybe I'm just an old mirc user with this one, but pls make a text entry (where you type in a channel or query) on EACH window, NOT just ONE at the bottom for ALL of them.  Don't know how many times I've typed something meant to go in a query/PM and it went in a channel instead! oooops.    Have to pay too much attention to which one is lit up or read that status line above the ONE text entry place at the bottom to make sure my words are going where they are supposed to.

I have this exact same problem, so many times don't click correctly and bam, wrong channel or msg.. which so far has been luckily nothing important. is there a setting to change this?

Socom

p.s. I am no programmer but when you are ready for people to alpha or beta test 9, i would be happy to help out.

ElementAlchemist

Re: Shared Text Entry
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 12:48:29 PM »
If there was one for each channel, wouldn't there be the same problem?  I don't see the difference with multiple input boxes.

In fact, I find that having one input box is EASIER if you find yourself in the wrong window because it saves you from Ctrl+A, Ctrl+X, switching, Ctrl+V.  You can just switch.  History, too.  If you submit it, you can always grab it back and switch over to the other channel (in either order).

Also, this is a core feature and I'm pretty sure it's not changing.  Unless Snerf changed his mind, of course.  (I doubt he did.)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:53:23 PM »
This is only an issue when the Windows are not maxed, which is no longer an option in IceChat 9 and on.
The IceChat God

Socom

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »
Oh :/ ya I dont max my channels, I like to see them all on one screen, so I can watch whats going on all the time without having to click back and forth, and then if I want to say something I can. A couple of my channels have a lot of traffic i dont really want to have to click back and forth all the time to see if something was said that care about.