Author Topic: LaunchURLInNewB rowser Error Number:9  (Read 3382 times)

Jenndawn

LaunchURLInNewB rowser Error Number:9
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:58:40 AM »
HI

I am using icechat 7 on my Compaq Computer using a Vista home premium upgrade. I just did a full hard drive recovery, and have noticed since this that I get this error when I attempt to click on a link in any channel.

->> ERROR:modRegistry:Function:LaunchURLInNewB rowser Error Number:9 : Subscript out of range

I do NOT get this error when using my laptop and other Compaq desktop. Can somebody help me please?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: LaunchURLInNewB rowser Error Number:9
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 04:37:50 PM »
What is your default browser?

Also, read the topic right above this one. Default Browser / Hyperlinking problems.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:39:54 PM by Snerf »
The IceChat God

Jenndawn

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »
My default is IE7. I did read that thread.

Jenndawn

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 05:52:12 PM »
I checked and IE is my default browser. I also don't have this issue on my other computers. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling icechat as well as rebooting, I still get that error. I can still cut and paste the links so its not a major thing to me, but I would love to find out whats wrong.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:37:44 AM »
Do you have another browser installed? If so, try setting that as the default browser, and see if it makes any difference. Also try switching it back to IE again, and see if it helps. It is a problem with your system, reading the browser information from the registry, it is erroring on that.
The IceChat God

Jenndawn

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »
It is a problem with your system, reading the browser information from the registry, it is erroring on that.

Yes, I was in contact with an IT professional over the weekend. I reformatted and reinstalled my OS and all seems OK now. I just finished getting everything tweaked.