Author Topic: Connection issue  (Read 3087 times)

Rastus

Connection issue
« on: September 19, 2008, 01:07:50 AM »
Lately I've been having issues with IceChat. The problem is that I often leave my computer running with IceChat on so I can come back later to read the logs etc. Now in the last couple of weeks what has been happening is that the program has not been recognizing timeouts or disconnects.
For instance I got home from work a little while ago, opened the laptop and went to look at the logs.
The last log was at around 0900 this morning (it's now around 1800) and I know it's been busier than that.
It did it yesterday as well, and even when I tried to send through a post (or whatever) IceChat just sat there doing nothing for quite some time (several minutes) despite several message attempts in different windows and trying to rejoin the channel or server I was supposedly still connected to.
Could anyone please tell me what the problem might be and if there is a cure?
Thanks.
Rastus.

Revi

• Revi's Web Portal
Re: Connection issue
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:22:22 AM »
I'm sorry, but I've got the same problem.
When my internet connection gets lost (or sometimes I've got a huge PING time).
IceChat doesn't recognise it, but just in that moment I begin to write I get the message that the connection got lost and the automatic reconnect begins.

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:24:24 AM »
Try this, open the server editor, click "Startup", and check "Show server lag in console". Click save and cross your fingers.
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Rastus

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:41:09 AM »
Okay, thanks Darkstar. I'll try that.