Author Topic: WMP plugin/toolbar  (Read 14400 times)

Alcohal

WMP plugin/toolbar
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:05:01 PM »
Was wondering if it is possible to have a little tool bar or tab that controls WMP MP3 and other Music formats.  I Know you can do /play C:\Path\of\file.mp3 to play music, but you can control the Volume or see the songs that are in the Wave(music folder). It would be also nice to add in when you switch to a song it says it in a channels you choose. I have a few more things that I might of forgotten. But is it possible to have a script or something to make this all work together?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: WMP plugin/toolbar
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 04:33:57 PM »
Well, we already have the IceAmp Script to control Control Winamp, it would just be a matter of adjusting the script to work with WMP.
The IceAmp script simply adds menu items to the Script Menu, which is on the Main Menu Bar.
The IceChat God

Alcohal

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 03:52:41 AM »
Well would anyone be able to make it for me? Or should I say for everyone. You saying its possible? I don't know how to use WinAMP. Windows Media Players is by far very simple. But Could you make it? Read my first post to get an idea.

Windows_95

• Who's cool and has two thumbs? This guy!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 02:54:33 PM »
i wouldn't mind a wmp controller   :wink:
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. Galileo Galilei

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 09:14:46 PM »
Well, would have to see if WMP has a COM object or a way to send API messages to it like Winamp and iTunes do.
The IceChat God

Alcohal

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 05:43:51 AM »
So you think this project is going to get started on? Or is it just a wish that's never going to come true? By the way who is the people who make the Wish list wishes that people post? This sure would be a nice plugin or script, I'm sure alot of people would agree with me, as you seen some one is already interested :). Please make this come true!! Otherwise I will have to use another IRC client lol. haha jk :P

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 11:23:18 AM »
If you had bothered to read the posts in the Scripting section of the Forum, you can see this is already being worked on.

As for the Wish List, I make note of all of them, or decide almost right away what is worthy of an addition, or what can just be added with a script of some kind.

But I do read every one of the items people ask for.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:15:07 PM by Snerf »
The IceChat God

Alcohal

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 02:46:55 AM »
Wow its getting worked on already? WOW, NICE!! Ok, well PM me when you get this done! PLZ!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »
Well, after a few days of research, it looks like WMP 11 does not expose what is currently playing, as all the documentation I have looked through, does not show it.

So, unless someone finds working code, this is simply not possible, because of MS's lack of good documentation, or simply that the COM object is lacking, this can not be scripted with IceChat.
The IceChat God

Alcohal

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 04:37:06 PM »
Really, Wow, that sucks! Well Since you cant do that. What els can you do with WMP? What ever you can do I'll take, just try to go by my first post :)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »
Ok, this is what I have "tried".
The only thing that works is the StartWMP sub (which loads WMP and runs 1st song in playlist) and the WMP sub, which echo's all the songs in the current playlist, and then runs 1st song in playlist.
All the other sub's, dont work, even though they should.

'/! StartWMP' runs the sub, after you load it into the Script Editor, and save it as an "IceChat 5 Script" style file.

Code: [Select]
Dim objPlayer
Set objPlayer = CreateObject("WMPlayer.ocx")

Sub StartWMP()
Set objPlaylists = objPlayer.MediaCollection
Set objAll = objPlaylists.getByName("All Music")
Set objList = objAll.Item(0)

objPlayer.OpenPlayer(objList.sourceURL)
End Sub

Sub CurrentSong()
SendCommand "/echo -a Current:" & objPlayer.currentMedia.name
End Sub

Sub PauseWMP()
objPlayer.controls.pause()
End Sub

Sub PlayWMP()
objPlayer.controls.play()
End Sub

Sub StopWMP()
objPlayer.controls.stop()
End Sub

Sub NextWMP()
objPlayer.controls.next()
End Sub

Sub PreviousWMP()
objPlayer.controls.previous()
End Sub

Sub WMP()

Set objPlaylists = objPlayer.PlaylistCollection

For i = 0 to objList.Count - 1
    Set objSong = objList.Item(i)
    SendCommand "/echo -a Song:" & objSong.Name
Next

Set objPlaylists = objPlayer.MediaCollection

objPlayer.OpenPlayer(objList.sourceURL)
End Sub
The IceChat God

Alcohal

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 11:06:22 PM »
WOW Very Nice, going to Test it out now! So this a Beta test? Then going to be some updates on this? Also Did you notice that Windows Messenger Reports WMP Current song playing, Hope that helps! I'll be back to edit post to tell how it turned out!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:09:41 PM »
That is most likely as far as I will take it, as I have no interest in it myself, since I use iTunes/Winamp.
Someone else may work on it, or maybe you can :)
The IceChat God

Alcohal

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 11:44:35 PM »
WOW Very Nice, going to Test it out now! So this a Beta test? Then going to be some updates on this? Also Did you notice that Windows Messenger Reports WMP Current song playing, Hope that helps! I'll be back to edit post to tell how it turned out!

Ok, Copy then Pasted the Code to Scripts, Saved it as a .ice chat 5 script. Loaded Script. Went into window and typed: /! StartWMP

Then I get...   [01:42:51] -- Script Engine Error:13:Type mismatch: 'StartWMP': Line #1 --

I have IceChat 7, fully updated. What I gota do to make this work correctly?
/! StartWMP C:\Music\Music.mp3 <Will that work? Im so lost! HELP!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 12:18:39 AM »
You must have not saved it properly. Not sure what you mean by "Loaded Script" either.

Opening the IceChat Editor, go to the Scripts Tab, and under the Script File menu, make sure your file is loaded. If it is not, re-do it.

Save it as a file (.ICE) and once you do that, hit the "Save and Exit" button, and try again.
The IceChat God