Author Topic: erm...about the buddy list?  (Read 3002 times)

Lauranator

erm...about the buddy list?
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:16:01 PM »
How do I get it to work and what is its purpose?  I clicked on Edit Buddy List and added some ppl, but nothing shows up in the left panel when they're online...it just stays blank?

I've tried putting different things in the network/server name field..parts of the address..the full IP address, or just the network name and/or address, etc.....still nothing.

And what goes in the Comment field and what is that for?

There really isnt very much info on the buddy list in any help file i've seen, just vague sort of general info.   :?

Thx.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: erm...about the buddy list?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 08:26:23 AM »
You have to have their proper nickname. You do not use an address of any kind, it only goes by nicknames, and it has to be their exact nickname.

You also need to get the Network name for the particular server this buddy would be using. This is very important. To get a network name, go into any channel on that network and type "//echo -a $network" and it will display the network name. If there is no network name, then you can only use a server name, and you have to be on that server to make it work.

Comment is just that, a simple comment about a buddy. IE: "A friend from England"
The IceChat God

Lauranator

Re: erm...about the buddy list?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:38:11 AM »
Ahhhhhh OK, I got it now.  Thx Snerf!  Should prob explain that beter in the help file.  :-)