Author Topic: help please?  (Read 4492 times)

charger

help please?
« on: October 03, 2008, 08:30:10 PM »
Hi everyone, ive been using Icechat for a few years now(fantastic work Snerf and team)..
I have just started messing with the scripts.  I am the OP of a channel and have created a simple swear word filter to monitor things when i'm not around.  It works fine for the most part but i have run into a couple problems i am hoping someone might be able to help me with. I will post a sample of the script so as you might see what i am talking about...

on *:TEXT:badword1:#channel:/say $nick Please do not cuss in here
on *:TEXT:badword2:#channel:/say $nick Please do not cuss in here
on *:TEXT:badword1:#channel:/msg chanserv op all
on *:TEXT:badword2:#channel:/msg chanserv op all
on *:TEXT:badword1:#channel:/kick $nick language
on *:TEXT:badword2:#channel:/kick $nick language

I usually keep myself DeOp'ed in the room...so when the offender triggers a text...it warns them and OP's me the first time(this is their warning)....then on the 2nd offense it warns and boots them.
Things seem to be working for the most part fine.  Heres where the problem comes in.

when the users start a sentence with ????(same amount of ?'s as one of the trigger words)...the script warns them, op's me and then boots them...
There seems to be a correlation between the # of ?'s they use and the number of letters in the trigger word.  my question is: is there a way to disallow the wildcard ?'s.  to tell the script to overlook it or maybe is there just a much better way to do what i'm trying to do?
   Also, i was using the wildcard * in some of them so as to expand the triggers

on *:TEXT:*badword1*:#channel:/say $nick Please do not cuss in here

im not sure if this method was working correctly or not.

In any event, Thank you in advance to anyone who can guide me in the right direction, it will be much appreciated.

Charger

charger

Re: help please?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 08:39:58 PM »
OK..seems i must have done something wrong.  I was using this script before and it was working but i accidently erased it...then i re-wrote it as shown above.  Now it's not working at all...except when they use the ?'s...lol...please help?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 09:48:43 PM »
Make sure the script is saved as an ICS file type.

For bardwords to work, it is best to use *badword* so it detects it through out the whole line.

As for the problem with ? marks, this is being fixed for the next version.
The IceChat God

charger

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »
Thanks Snerf...just another quick question.

if i use *badword*  this will search the entire sentence....but will it also act as a wildcard on the badword?....
  meaning will it also trigger by "badwordHead"...or "dumbbadword"?
or will i have to set a trigger *badword* for every variation of the word?

thanks again, great help

Windows_95

• Who's cool and has two thumbs? This guy!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »
*badword* will trigger regardless of whats in front or behind the word
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. Galileo Galilei

charger

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 12:16:39 AM »
Thanks windows_95..

now is there a way to maybe put some of these commands together in one string to have it OP me and then boot them all in 1 action?...right now it will only OP me..then they have to swear again for it to boot them.  On the mild words thats what i want...but on the really Vulgar words id like to just autoOP and AutoBan at the same time.

on *:TEXT:badword1:#channel:/msg chanserv op all
on *:TEXT:badword1:#channel:/kick $nick language

also..how would i work a ban into this based on the IP?

thank you so much for all the help

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 02:45:41 AM »
on *:TEXT:badword1:#channel:{
/first command here
/second command here
}

For banning, $nick is their nick, $host is their host(with ident), and $fulladdress is nick!host.
The IceChat God

charger

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 05:29:49 PM »
Thanks again Snerf,
   I couldnt get it to OP, ban and kick at the same time(probably a timing issue as it was trying to ban before i was actually Op'ed..(just a guess of course)...or maybe i just set it up wrong.

however,  i got it set up to warn them, then op me......then on 2nd offense it will ban then kick...which is good enough.

Thanks again for the help, greatly appreciated

Charger

as a side note..when someone types the # of ?'s that match the # of characters in the most banned words....it warns them multiple times, op's me mult times, bans them mult times(although only 1 sticks) and then kicks them multiple times...lol...looks like a military bombardment.