Author Topic: Hyperlinks and /names  (Read 4596 times)

Schpook

Hyperlinks and /names
« on: May 05, 2008, 08:35:12 AM »
Two problems:
1) Clicking on a hyperlink in a message has no reaction.  Be it webpage or another channel.

2) From time to time, I need to "ping" all the members of a channel.  That is, say the nicks of all those in the channel so their client will notify them.  With Chatzilla, I'd type /names #channel and then i'd get a list of names in the channel, copy-paste, hit enter and done.  Icechat, I type /names or /names #channel and there's no reaction at all.  Is there a way to say all the names in a given channel with ice chat?

Morio

• Global Moderator
Re: Hyperlinks and /names
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:06:25 AM »
1) You need to double-click links to activate them

2) you could make an alias for like this:
Code: [Select]
/saynicks:/! sendCommand "/say " & Nicks(GetIdentifier("$channel"),GetIdentifier("$csn"))That alias says the names of all the nicks in the channel
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:11:21 PM »
/names is hidden because IceChat uses it to parse out all the nicks and hosts when it enters a channel, and I felt it was annoying to show it on the console each and every time.
If you open the Debug Window though, you would see them.
The IceChat God

Schpook

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:10:25 PM »
Thanks, on another, slightly related problem.

How do I get the channel to flash when someone's said my nick in it?

I have text highlights set with $me and flash channel bar checked, but nothing flashes.  (I have abotu 12 channels open... need to be able to sort out which one it is....)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 10:11:47 PM »
I just tried it, and it works fine.
Make sure text highlighting is enabled. Also, they have to say your name, without a , or anything else, it needs to be an exact match, if not use $me* for anything after it.
The IceChat God

KindredPhantom

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »
Hey, sorry for necroing an old topic. But i was wondering if their is a way when using this script to prevent it including my nick when it mass pings everybody in a channel.  :-D

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 04:02:43 PM »
You can add a replace() call to it, like so:

Code: [Select]
/saynicks:/! sendCommand "/say " & Replace(Nicks(GetIdentifier("$channel"),GetIdentifier("$csn")),MyNickName,"")
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.