Author Topic: Away doesn't work?  (Read 3051 times)

Karl

Away doesn't work?
« on: March 26, 2008, 12:35:06 PM »
Hello. I'm a long time IceChat user. I have a simple problem. I post my question here. You can move it if it's in the wrong topic.
Anyway. The Away settings doesn't seem to work for me. I have edited the server settings and I picked a "away-nick" Lets say my real nick is Karl and I picked karl|away as my away nick. When I press the away button in Icechat to mark myself as away. Nothing happens. It saya, "you are now marked as away", but my nick stays the same. From what I understand, and how it worked in 6.x it should change my nick to "karl|away" and then back to "karl" when I press the away button again. Any solution to this?

I also have another question. I don't want to fill out the reason for being away every time I press the away-button. I just simply want to be away. Is there any way to fix this? I don't remember I had to specify a reason for being away in 5.x or 6.x. Is there a setting for this or is this something that can be implemented, again?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Away doesn't work?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »
/away I am away <<- sets yourself as away
/away <<- set yourself back

You have to provide a reason why you are away.
When you click the "away" button on the toolbar, it asks for an away reason.
Then it will say "You have been marked as away" and then change your nickname accordingly.
Clicking it again, will return you, and it does not ask for a reason then.

If you wish to add an automatic away message, add a popup to the script menu, and then you can add a menu item for such.
The IceChat God