Author Topic: Icequote  (Read 20433 times)

ayashi

Re: Icequote
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2016, 05:22:14 PM »
Oh the memories.  I saw IceChat had a recent release, but the changes weren't exactly of a tremendous magnitude.  Can we take a moment of silence in thanks for the IceQuote script and all the joy it gave countless gaming communities?  It still lives on you know, never perfected but still one of the most memorable scripts this client ever had tailored to it's strengths.

In Snerf we trust!

ayashi

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
I am necroing this and attempting to re-vamp and improve our dear old IceQuote project(s) now that I have gained a great deal more knowledge of the functionality and mechanisms I previously hadn't.  Not sure many will see this so I may start another thread once I have made progress.  If anyone is interested or had used the previous scripts and liked it, let me know so I have the peace of mind I'm doing this as more than just a project for the sake of seeing if I can do it.

Thank you Morio and Snerf, and all the others who helped in the past.  You guys made a bigger difference helping me with this script than you'll ever know on the Gamesurge and Quakenet networks.  15+ channels still utilize the original with thousands of quotes.  It's very satisfying to see IceChat used as a standard in this way. 

Miss you all!

ayashi

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 12:05:51 PM »
Yes, pretty cool.
I think the best thing to do, would be to make it a plugin, so it could be used for IceChat 9, but that's a whole different language.
But if you have updates to the script, you can pass it along, and the download could be updated, as the original author is long gone.
The IceChat God