Author Topic: Socket 10053 error ...  (Read 8791 times)

Pultsari

Socket 10053 error ...
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:22:43 PM »
and yes i read earlier posts, you are sure it is not icechat problem .. but, yes it is: I changed my operator to another .. so my irc server changed too .. then icechat have a lot 10053 socket problems (when connecting and sometimes, if connected stay a live about 30-60min? max) , in vista, in xp too so no os problem, other irc-clients works fine with my new operator so not firewall issue too. I don't wait you fix problem because maybe it is hard find solution? But i want you know problem is in icechat in some case. .. and ofcourse, newest icechat, default settings, reinstalling etc. :) .. But still, thanks, IceChat is good/nice program :) I can't use icechat anymore :'(

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Socket 10053 error ...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:39:05 PM »
For some people, they have issues with it.
But this is usually as a result of a dll conflict, or simply a bad server connection.

Since you have not provided any information other then "it does not work", then we can not help you any further.

Good day to you.
The IceChat God

Pultsari

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 12:06:55 PM »
No, it can't be dll problem because BEFORE changing my operator/isp/irc-server i don't have a problem and icechat works fine .. as i say, i tested with XP pro 32bit and Vista so .. i really think it can't be dll problem.

Pultsari

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:11:43 PM »
.. or of course it can be my new ISP/irc-server/connection problem but .. why other irc-clients work fine with my new isp? .. i don't know :/

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 05:17:10 PM »
I have no idea what you mean by "operator", but that is beside the point.
Your computer obviously has a problem with IceChat, which shows me it IS a dll conflict.
You said yourself IceChat used to work fine, and now it does not. So, something changed, and now its broken.
The main IceChat program has not changed, but if a DLL of some sort has changed (which happens) then things go boom.
Because for most people, IceChat works fine, and I have seen time and time again, a dll conflict with IceChat causes problems.

But if another program works fine, then use it. You seem to think IceChat is a problem, why continue to use it?
You seem to know more about my program and I do, so you obviously know better, then un-install it, and use the other program.

Problem solved :)
The IceChat God

Pultsari

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 09:34:43 AM »
Blah, if you cannot understand or believe what i mean/speak .. forget. Sorry my bad english .. but:

ISP = Internet Service Provider ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_service_provider ) = Operator (in my country, Finland)

So when I change my ISP to another ISP (and yes, of course, my irc-server changed too) icechat not working correctly anymore .. no hecking dll change or some program change / install / uninstall / update. If you cannot understand this or believe, forget. Or maybe you cannot believe it is a bug in your software? :P

Pultsari

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »
and.. how you explain that it can be a dll problem = I tested with windows xp pro sp2 (32) too, fresh install .. with only installing drivers and ms updates from windows update .. and same 10053 problem, so tell me how a hell it can be a dll problem ?? explain please if you are so smart :P :) it cannot be a dll problem, problem is in icechat or my new ISP irc-server (and i don't believe it is my isp/irc-server problem because .. other clients works fine :P) .. and why problem come when i changed my isp? :) tell me smart.. naah.. forget :) Still, your progmam is nice and free, thanks .. but -> x-chat :P ..

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 11:32:59 AM »
You said yourself, IceChat worked fine.

And then you broke it. I know this from experience, as I know my program better then anyone else.
Something else changed, that you do not know of.
Many many many users use IceChat, and do not report the problem you have, so, the problem is on YOUR computer.

But, that is fine, you just have to insist that it is not your problem, but IceChat's. Which could be, because if you have
some kind of a DLL Conflict, or your winsock components got updated, it will be flakey, and I will admit to that, because I know of the issue with SP6 version of the winsock control.

Did you break IceChat? Most likely.
Do you even realize it, no.

Changing an ISP will not break an IRC Client, it will give you a bad connection, period.

And fine, go use xchat, its a free world, you can use any software you want.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 11:36:06 AM by Snerf »
The IceChat God

Pultsari

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 02:26:10 PM »
Haha, lol, of course is dll problem .. before program works fine and then after isp changed to another isp program doesn't work anymore ;D .. lol .. of course is dll problem... really, not. And as i say, i tested with 2 computer, 2 os (xp is fresh and no other software) and you sitll say it is dll problem.. lol

Pultsari

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 02:34:02 PM »
in both computers (another is laptop, another server) before isp change icechat works fine .. and then actually same day when isp change both computer icechat stop working .. are you kidding it is dll problem seriously? .. and even 2 os .. and no software/update/uninstall or something like that change in my computers in that day ..

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 08:30:55 AM »
Why would IceChat break, by just changing your ISP?

Anyways, I know its not a problem with IceChat, if all you did do was change your ISP.
There had to be another change. And if it IS your ISP, why are you blaming IceChat for it?

Just continue on to use the other program, and your set. We do not need to discuss this any further.
The IceChat God