Author Topic: Help me with scripts for posting rules...  (Read 3512 times)

Omni_Bowser

Help me with scripts for posting rules...
« on: February 09, 2008, 12:03:58 PM »
Ok... I have a channel on Icechat and I've tried using the on *:TEXT: thing... And it doesn't work... I have people that keep trying to help me... But they are using Mirc and none of their codes work either... Any ideas?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Help me with scripts for posting rules...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »
Well, you will need to provide more information as to what you want/need.
Also would be nice to see what you have tried, so we can show you were you went wrong.
The IceChat God

Omni_Bowser

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 01:24:14 PM »
Ok... I have tried the...
on *:TEXT:<text to match>:#channel:/echo some command when a channel gets text
I replaced the <text to match> with !rules and replaced channel with my channel and after the / I put msg and then my rules... So it would look like this...
on *:TEXT:!rules:#omnicide:/msg RULES: 1. Don't start drama. 2. English only. 3 No highlighting. 4. Be easy on the caps. 5. Noracism. 6. If you choose to invite, invite ONLY people you are friends with. 7. Do not piss off the op's. Everyonefollows these rules. A warning will be placed if any rules are broken... If the rule is broken again, a kick will occur. And if it continues, a ban will be placed.

And it won't work at all...

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »
Well, 1st problem is, you are messaging it to the channel "RULES" , not your actual channel.

/msg #omnicide RULES. blah blah blah

2nd problem was, your message was way too long. You need to split it up on a few lines.
Try it like this, for example.

Code: [Select]
on *:TEXT:!rules:#omnicide:{
/msg #omnicide RULES: 1. Don't start drama. 2. English only. 3 No highlighting. 4. Be easy on the caps. 5. Noracism.
/msg #omnicide 6. If you choose to invite, invite ONLY people you are friends with. 7. Do not piss off the op's.
/msg #omnicide Everyone follows these rules. A warning will be placed if any rules are broken... If the rule is broken again, a kick will occur. And if it continues, a ban will be placed
}
The IceChat God

Omni_Bowser

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »
Ohhhh... I see... I can't beleive I didn't catch that... Thank you so much LoL