Author Topic: 64bit compiled version (Vista, xp64) :) :P ..  (Read 8696 times)

Pultsari

64bit compiled version (Vista, xp64) :) :P ..
« on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:08 AM »
Yeah, 32bit version of icechat works fine in vista 64 but maybe some day :) ... of course it mean more job (lot or a little bit? I don't know icechat sourcecode so you know :P) update 2 different version allways .. so i understand if you do not compile 64bit version :) and of course it is depend from compiler.. but wish :P

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: 64bit compiled version (Vista, xp64) :) :P ..
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »
Well, I tell you what.

Buy me a 64bit Machine and copy of Vista, and I will gladly make you a 64bit version.
The IceChat God

BigRed

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 04:02:49 PM »
Harsh, why would you already be using vista anyway? I couldn't get half my stuff to work with it so I just went back to using wine.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:20:01 PM »
Not much choice, when stores don't offer to let you buy XP.
And I have fixed almost all my issues with Vista anyways.

But yes, no 64bit version, unless I have a 64bit machine. IceChat 8, will let you have source, so then you could compile it yourself.
The IceChat God

BigRed

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 12:41:47 AM »
I have no idea what the computer market looks like in everyone's local areas, but there are a lot of small computer stores that are hoarding copies of windows XP (and XP pro) due to the demand on them. Just make sure you don't buy it at a swap meet, those guys are really good at making the package look like it was never opened and the CD looks pretty convincing as well.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 02:59:53 PM »
Yes, but finding these machines with 64 Bit versions of Windows is not likely. It is not a commonly used OS.
The IceChat God

BigRed

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »
as much as I don't encourage such things, there is a pretty wide pirate userbase. maybe it will catch up in time.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 04:12:25 PM »
Well, considering that Visual Basic 6 has no support for 64-bit, nor will it ever, it does not look like there will be a native x64 version of IceChat.

A shame, but for my time restrictions as of late, I simply do not have the time nor resources to write a totally new version of IceChat (8) from scratch, so I will just continue on from my current source code, and make changes and additions to it. The program does work, sure it has a few quirks because it is written in this archaic language, but I have made the best of it.
The IceChat God