Author Topic: Movable Tabs  (Read 8307 times)

NightCrawler

Movable Tabs
« on: January 01, 2008, 09:55:31 PM »
is there any chance that we can possibly see movable tabs in the next version? Personally I have issues where they NEED to be in a specific order and sometimes when I get kickbanned because people think it's funny or for an actually good reason, that order goes out of whack and I have to exit icechat and reopen it again to put it back in that order, and maybe other people might like this too, I dunno. So, is it possible?

BigRed

Re: Movable Tabs
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:24:01 PM »
I think it sounds like a good idea as well, but it's not up to me nor am I the one up all night coding it.

Morio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:29:09 AM »
you can change in which order to join channels on autojoin in the server editor, and in the icechat settings there's a setting that allows the windows to stay open when you get kicked, and in the display settings there's an option to save the window sizes/positions when you quit.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 08:29:16 AM »
This option is being considered for IceChat 8.
The IceChat God

NightCrawler

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:36:07 PM »
but morio, it closes the window once you've been kick banned, not just kicked. when it's just kicked, then the window stays open, but when there's a banning as well, THAT's when it closes.

R2-D2

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 08:26:02 PM »
There could be an option to leave a channel open, even after kick+ban or whatsoever.
But i strongly support this idea of moving tabs. Sometimes i miss-close a channel, so there's no way i can re-join and get it into the same position.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
The channel window does not close on a ban, no client does that.

It closes on a kick, and there is an option to keep it open when kicked.

And like it has been said, IceChat 8 will have movable tabs.
The IceChat God