Author Topic: DCC Send doesn't work - Receive works great  (Read 5727 times)

trehahn

DCC Send doesn't work - Receive works great
« on: June 22, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »
I'm having difficulty sending files through DCC.  I went through and setup the router, the firewalls etc.  I even disabled everything, still no go.  Not knowing what it may be I tried mIRC and the DCC send works fine, however it will not work in IceChat.  I've searched the forum and not found a solution that works.  It doesn't seem to be a firewall issue, as I said I disabled the firewall even setup my IP for DMZ and it still times out.  Any suggestion?  Sorry Snerf, you're going to hate me LOL

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: DCC Send doesn't work - Receive works great
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 09:54:02 PM »
Make sure the firewall settings are correct in IceChat.
Check what IP you are sending to the other person, and also that the ports are not beling blocked.
The IceChat God

trehahn

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 12:14:12 AM »
As far as I know everything is correct.  I kept changing the settings and it didn't make a difference.  What would the correct settings be?  I've never been able to get DCC sends to work since I had IceChat, but usually would upload to my website and let them download them from there.  No matter what I did, and reading old posts on the forum didn't seem to lead me into a solution.  If you could, run me through what it "should" be set for.  I'm running a software firewall on my PC, but even with it open it doesn't work.  I'm also running a Dlink wireless router.  I have the ports forwarded for mIRC, and DCC sends work fine in mIRC.  Is there a difference in the settings for my router?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 12:21:07 AM »
Like I asked before, is the IP that is being sent out to the other person, the right one?
Thats the 1st thing to check.
The IceChat God

trehahn

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 12:33:31 AM »
Not sure how to check that, would they do a netstat command to see?  I'm assuming it would show there?  If not what would they do to let me know?  Should you want me to test it in your channel, I can stop by there if it's easier.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 12:40:22 AM »
No, the other client will tell you in the DCC Request.
The IceChat God

trehahn

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 04:23:39 PM »
Hey Snerf, the IP was incorrect when sending.  I got that to change now, the IP is correct.  It was sending my internal IP before.  The IP is correct, and still times out.  Also the DCC chat will not connect.  Any suggestion on firewall settings?  Thanks.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 04:25:47 PM »
Ok, then the next thing to check is your ports.
You can set IceChat to use certain ports, make sure they are not being blocked.
The IceChat God

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 04:28:26 PM »
But then, it did work from icechat to icechat.
So ports shouldnt matter much.
What version of mirc is this person using, cuz I would suspect him more now then, since we did get a file to send between icechat clientrs just fine.
The IceChat God

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 04:47:26 PM »
If you want to set me up with a person you have problems with, come to #icechat and look me up.
It could be a genuine problem, just so many factors to consider in.
The IceChat God

trehahn

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 05:13:41 PM »
I was able to get the send to work.  The IP was incorrect originally sending my internal IP not the external IP.  I tried with the other guy, it didn't work.  1 worked, 1 didn't. 

The one that didn't work is running mIRC v6.21 and the one that did work is runing 6.2.  So there is a version difference, the one not working being the newest version.  But it is working now, just not with him.  At this point I'm not going to worry about it, I don't think it's on my end, I think it's on his.  Thanks Snerf.